We are a not-for-profit organisation representing the interests of safe manufacturers, importers and distributors in the UK.
MEMBER COMPANIES OF EUROSAFE UK ARE ASKED TO COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING CODE OF PRACTICE
1. Literature, websites and other marketing material referring to cash safes tested in accordance with EN1143-1, EN1143-2, EN14450 must always clearly state which testing house conducted the test and who issued the certificate. The resistance grade achieved should also be stated.
2. Members offering for sale equipment other than safes, including but not limited to fire and data safes, vaults, and vault doors, should clearly state the name of the authority issuing the certificate and the resistance level achieved.
3. Members offering safe locks fitted to certified safes, at the time of sale or retrofitted, should always use locks that are tested/certified in accordance with EN1300 as specified by the relevant certification organisation. Safes bearing labels claiming compliance with EN1143-1 or EN14450 should only be fitted with locks specified under the above certification. Where a non-conforming lock is fitted to a certified safe, the customer and insurance company (where relevant) must be informed in writing.
4. Members offering cash safes for sale where the test was conducted by a testing house other than BRE/LPCB, or a member of the European Fire and Security Group (EFSG), or ECB.S, should clearly state in their correspondence that the customer's insurer may reduce the claim or expected level of indemnity.
5. Member companies offering cash safes tested and certified by organisations other than those listed above, are asked to make every effort to replace them with compliant products within 18 to 24 months of being accepted for membership.
6. Members should not publicise a website, circulate literature or any other marketing material, either their own or a third party’s where the text falsely infers or suggests a product has been tested or certified in accordance with a recognised standard, or has achieved a particular resistance grade. Members consistently doing so will have their membership terminated. Safes falling below the security level of EN1143-1 should, where possible be tested to EN14450. Where safes fall below the level of EN1143-1, but are not tested to EN14450, they should be advertised at the rating suggested in the most up to date AiS guide
7. Customers must always be advised to obtain confirmation of insurance indemnity before placing an order.
8. Members refurbishing used safes should at all times comply with the BS7582:2005 Code of Practice for refurbishing new safes. Where insured cash ratings are quoted for new or reconditioned safes they should be commensurate with the limits recommended by the Association of Insurance Surveyors (AiS). Exceptions can be made where the customer is self-insured or by a company known to have an in-house list that varies from the AiS list.
Safe cabinets tested in accordance with EN14450 and certified resistance grade S1 or S2, or certified by Sold Secure as Gold, Silver or Bronze, should be recommended principally for domestic use. Members supplying cash safes that also claim a level of fire protection, must support these claims with a valid fire test certificate to a recognised standard, from an independent laboratory.
9. Safe cabinets tested in accordance with EN14450 and certified resistance grade S1 or S2, or certified by Sold Secure as Gold, Silver or Bronze, should be recommended for use in line with the latest AiS list.
10. Members supplying cash safes that also claim a level of fire protection must support these claims with a valid fire test certificate to a recognised standard, from an independent testing house.
11. Members of Eurosafe UK will have a duty of care to their customers to provide expert and informed advice on product specifications, test certificates and insurance indemnity levels
12. The Eurosafe logo is registered and protected by British and European law and members companies may display the Eurosafe logo alongside other general corporate accreditations but it may only feature on websites and product literature directly relating to safes tested and certified by BRE/LPCB or a member of the European Fire and Security Group (EFSG) or ECB.S.
13. Safe installations either by a member company or a subcontractor should always be conducted by fully trained and fully equipped operatives complying with all relevant Health & Safety requirements.
14. Compliance with the Eurosafe UK Code of Practice will be the principal criteria for acceptance of new members
Eurosafe UK was established in February 2011 as the UK associate of its parent organisation, Eurosafe in mainland Europe. Aims and objectives To represent the interests of manufacturers and distributors of safes and security containers. To take such steps as necessary to improve and maintain the standard of safes and security containers* marketed in the […]Read More
Eurosafe UK Constitution – Amended AGM 2018 EUROSAFE UK CONSTITUTION 1. Name The name of the association is Eurosafe UK and is affiliated to the international body, Eurosafe 2. Membership Membership is open to safe manufacturers and distributors of safes and security containers agreeing to conform to the association’s Code of Practice and will include: Full member […]Read More
Eurosafe UK promotes recognition of current European Standards for testing and rating cash safes document/data fire safes and other security containers and encourages recognition of the European Fire & Security Group (EFSG) and the European Certification Board.Security (ECB.S). Advising underwriters, brokers and their representative bodies of the importance of recommending safes tested and certified in […]Read More
Eurosafe uk is an association of UK safemakers, importers and distributors of safes and security containers.
Ensuring high standards of sales and service
Promoting EN standards for testing and certification
Working closely with the UK insurance industry and other trade bodies
Representing our members' interests
Join our professional network
If you would like to contact us, please send us a message using the following form
c/o Phoenix Safe Company
1 Orell Mount